Survivor Spotlight: Hi, I’m Suzi.


redI was born in a fundamentalist cultchurch connected to The Shepherding Movement.  I am writing this blog because I have now spent half of my life recovering from church and spiritual abuse.
The psychological, physical and emotional abuse and control I endured still haunt me.  I have been diagnosed with Chronic PTSD, but have found great solace in talking to others and have found that even though I was in a rare situation I have much in common with other survivors.  I find that abuse is cyclical and the focus of my little corner of the web is to stop the shame induced silence that allows so many types of abuse to continue and thrive. - Visit Suzi's Blog

So, that is my focus.  Many of my posts are going to be about my past, my abuse, how I cope (good and bad) but also about who I am and how I get along in the world.  Thanks for stopping by, I think you’re swell.
Peace.
-Suzi
ps.  I have a new focus as well.  I love to write and I am enjoying the creative expression that it allows me.