Clicking on the links of this page will take you to an external page within the Exit Support Network. They have excellent resources and helpful articles compiled, so instead of redoing all the work they have already done, we endorse them and link to some of their resources.
- Recovering After Exiting a Deceptive, Abusive Group
Covers traumas, emotional and spiritual healing, and more.
- Recovery Info for Exiters (Understanding our Involvement)
Covers why we were vulnerable, how propaganda and mind control works, indoctrination, effects, educating yourself, healing, and more. By founder of ESN.
- From Victim to Survivor (Take Back the Power)
Testimony by ESN founder; includes steps to recovery.
- Common Emotional Difficulties After Leaving a High Demand Group
- Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Written for those who have suffered extreme abuse and who are having a difficult time recovering from exploitive, soul-damaging situations.
- How to Walk Yourself Through a Panic Attack
- Cognitive Focusing for Exiters (An Approach to Handling Depression, Anxiety, Fear & Guilt)
- Getting the Group Out of Us
- How Do People Get Out of Religious Cults?
Includes Stages in Leaving.
- Recovery Issues and What to Expect
- Where Do the Feelings Go?
Feelings from hurtful stimulus were not permitted to be expressed in an emotionally abusive system; includes: "How Do I Go About Writing and What Do I Write About?"
- Healing Through Grief
Includes Personal Stories About Grief (from survivors of Armstrongism)
- Exiters Tell What Has Helped Them to Heal From Armstrongism
Some results from our Anonymous Survey.
- Exiters Tell What Has Helped Them on Exit Support Network's Site
Some results from our Anonymous Survey.
- Amazing Words That Have Been Said to Exiters -or- (What Never to Say to Someone Who Has Been Deceived by an Exploitive, Abusive Group)
- Thought-Stopping and Thought-Switching (to help control agoraphobia)
- If You Would Like to Email Others
Note: Much more can be found in our sections: Testimonies and Writings by Exiters andUnderstanding Mind Control & Exploitation.
Note: Worldwide Church of God (and its abusive offshoots) taught a false God. Any articles on this site that mention God are those that reveal the true God, whose love is everlasting, and who is full of mercy, grace and compassion, giving Himself freely to meet our deepest needs. He manifested His Love to us by revealing Himself through His Son, Jesus, who saves us eternally by His grace and not by any works that we might try to do.
- Common Spiritual Difficulties After Leaving a High Demand Group
- An End to Guilt
Excellent message that focuses on the unconditional love of God and gives a clear understanding of grace.
- Where Do I Find the "One True Church"?
- It's Hard to Get Close to God After Being in an Abusive Group
- Questioning Why I Was in an Abusive Cult
- Poems/Free Verse/Comfort in Music
Comfort for the brokenhearted
- The Love of God
Do you know you cannot keep God from loving you?
- Because God Loves Me
How does the true God see His children?
- My Position in Christ
Accepted and secure forever
- Comforting Words About the True God
True statements that show how the true God really sees His children.
- God's Love in My Life
Several of these are miracles stories.
- What is "Agape" and How Did it Work?
Does love mean never saying a harsh word or stepping on the toes of others?
- Loving What's Right Means Hating What's Wrong
Includes "Is it Wrong to Judge?"
- What Were the Lies and What is the Truth?
Replacing HWA's fear-based statements with the truth from the Word of God.
- Why Do Many Exiters of Armstrongism Turn to Agnosticism or Atheism?
- Prayers For Freedom From Spiritual Strongholds
Very effective in gaining liberation from many strongholds and oppressions due to involvement in any harmful cult or occult practices; includes moral issues.
- How Do I Receive Eternal Life?
- Names and Titles of Jesus
The more we study this list, the more we understand who He really is. How can we not help but love Him?
"He healeth the broken in heart and bindeth up their wounds." ~ Psalm 147:3